Sunday, November 23, 2008

Holiday Crafts

So my 2 weeks of holidays just ended. No more sleeping in(sob). I thoroughly enjoyed my time off. I got to do most of what I wanted to do. There were more things I could have done, but my "to do" list is always longer than my "done" list.

One of the reasons why I didn't get more done was because the sewing machine broke down on me right after I completed only one set of oven mitts. Either the motor is dying or the sewing machine needed oiling, I'm not sure which, but I didn't feel much like trying to figure that out. Instead, I decided to create some Christmas ornaments by hand sewing and glue gunning. Forget the sewing machine. It took me longer and the hand stitching wasn't as neat as machine sewing, but I was still quite happy with the results.

So I had to close my Craft workshop on Wednesday as I dedicated most of Thursday to cleaning up the house before Dick's Thursday night return. After that, I just mostly relaxed and visited my parents. Well, it's back to work for me tomorrow. Can't wait til my next holidays, coming up in December.

Here's my sunny workbench


The oven mitts I managed to hand sew after my sewing machine broke down


A row of Santa ornaments


Mrs Claus & Santa

No comments: