Monday, April 27, 2009

Update: My letter to is Now Online and I got Email Responses from the Mayor and Councillor

Hi All,

If any of you had trouble reading my little picture of my letter to the Mayor and Councillor about the underused airport route, it is now on-line. If you are interested, click here if you would like to view the letter online on yorkregion.com or click here if you would like to view the full print version.

Also, I got emailed responses from the Mayor and Councillor.

Here's the email I got from Councillor Godwin Chan:

"Ms. Seto,

On Sunday, April 26, 2009 issue of The Liberal, your email of April 19 to the Mayor and I was published as a letter to the Editor. Your point about the need for promotion is well taken.

Further to the Mayor's response, please note that GO Transit runs a good-size advertisement about the airport express service in The Liberal on Thursday, April 23, 2009.

Thanks for writing to us regarding the GO Transit service.

Godwin Chan

Councillor (Ward 6)
Town of Richmond Hill"


Here's the email I got from Mayor Dave Barrow on Apr 19 that Godwin Chan referenced:

"Ms. Seto; The service that you have mentioned is a GO Transit service from RH Centre.
They had advertised rthis when it first started last year but I will pass your message on to GO Transit asking that it be better advertised.
YRT and VIVA websites have lnks to GO but usually do not advertise routes etc. of each others systems.

Dave Barrow, Mayor
Richmond Hill is a Character Community
This month's character attribute is PERSEVERANCE"


Here's an email I got from Mayor Dave Barrow yesterday:

"Please see the attached response from Go Transit on your inquiry.
[1 Attachment]

Thanks,
Dave Barrow, Mayor
Town of Richmond Hill"

Unfortunately, there was no attachment. Mayor Barrow was having trouble with his Blackberry and couldn't attach. Anyway, he said he would send me the attachment from his office today. We'll see...

No comments: