Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Wonders of Christmas

Christmas always brings back childhood memories for me. Here's a little story from when my kids were wee ones. I remeber when Derek's cousin came by to visit. She was really excited about a new dress her mom had just bought for her and she couldn't wait to show it off. But, Derek was off in his own thoughts, quite oblivious to his cousin, much less her new outfit. I have no idea what was running through his head, but I couldn't help but giggle silently about his cousin's vain attempts at trying to get his attention. She was actually a good sport about it and walked away after a few moments of trying to get his attention.


This is my version of what may go through a little boy's head while a little girl tries her best to get his attention. Come to think of it, I believe this can even apply for boys (men?) of any age, not just childhood. (Just replace the boy's thought bubbles with the latest high tech gadget that's selling on the market). Ask any guy if he enjoys shopping for clothes with his girlfriend or wife, and you'll know what I mean.

No comments: