Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Glimpse into My Work Life


Here’s a snippet of what my work life can be like. There are many intense moments, interspersed by even more intense moments. Sometimes I just want to hide and escape from it all. But despite all the stress of relentless deadlines, I must admit that I’m currently working with a great bunch of young people who know how to have fun while under stress and it makes it all worthwhile to come into work, day after day.

Maybe I will delay my early retirement plans for now, especially with the way the market conditions are. I should be thankful that I have a decent job to go to. If you had asked me even a year ago, if I’m ready for early retirement, my answer would have been a DEFINITE YES! I would have told you that I can’t wait to step off this treadmill, ditch it all and join Dick in early retirement and just take each day as it comes. Now, I have changed my mindset to just enjoy whatever troubles that may come my way at work and not let them bother me. Dick has always given me that advice before, but it has taken me this long to finally follow it.

I dedicate this “Stocks & Bonds Inc.” Comic Strip Series to all my fun(ny) friends, (both past & present) in the Reorg Dept., where I’m currently serving my 22nd year of prison term. (I’m a lifer). Now, if I ever feel stressed out at work, I just take notes and think of a way to poke fun at it in my next Comic Strip story. I love all you girls & guys from Reorg!!!
Also, I would like to give credit to Debbie Ohi for getting me started on this blog and the Comic Strip idea. You should check out her blog at http://www.blatherings.com/. Other creative types who have either encouraged me or inspired me include: Connie Tam, Serena Chen, Anastasia Xu, and my dear hubby, Dick Seto. Thanks Ana, for suggesting that I signature my work.

No comments: